Westside ------> All City Toy Ride
Westside to All City Toy Ride!
Facebook here - http://www.facebook.com/events/251782334885769/#!/events/251782334885769/
NOTE - RSVP REQUIRED. (RSVPS can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/events/249426431788318/ )
Meet Spot - Crankmob Park AKA Media Park AKA Venice and Canfield 90232
Meet Time - 7:45
Leave Time - 8:15 (sharpish, not biketime)
Route - http://g.co/maps/wzwuy
-A TOY - Bring one unwrapped toy valued from $5-$25. (This is the WHOLE POINT of this ride.) The toys will go to a charity that will provide them to a kid who'll appreciate them.
- Lights - Front and Rear - These are a basic safety item, and the cops have been ticketing folks for not having them, and the tickets are about 10x the cost of a basic light set. Bikerowave, Performance Bikes, Wheel World, Palms Cycles, LAB, Helen's, Cynergy, Abba Padre Bikes and Books, and any of the other Westside bike ships can hook you up.
- Lock - A u-lock, because cable locks are no bueno and it would be a bummer to have to ask Santa for a new bike for Christmas because yours got stolen.
- A Helmet
- Tubes / pump / patch kit / tools (at least a wrench for your axle if you're riding fixed) etc. We'll try not to leave you behind, but it sucks less when everybody's self sufficient.
- Snacks / drinks / money - It's a 25 mile round trip to downtown and back to the Westside, plus a few miles from the meetup to the party, so you'll want to fuel yourself appropriately.
- Warm clothes/hat/gloves/etc. - this should be obvious, but it may get a little chilly, and being cold and 10+ miles from home isn't much fun.
- Fun / love / hugs / happiness
(Leave the stealing / tagging / whip-skidding / bad attitudes / FAIL at home.)
Main ACTR details here - http://midnightridazz.com/viewStory.php?storyId=7122
NOTE : If you haven't done this ride before, it's pretty much a one-way ride, as everyone will be leaving at different times, so bring friends / bus fare / cab fare so you can get home safely, as being exhausted and alone somewhere in industrial downtown in the early morning can be sub-optimal at best. (I'll probably be heading back home (via Crankmob park) around 1 AM, so you're welcome to join me. (Look for the large pink bike.)