Ridazz Go To Austin 2009
Yes, we are actually going!
Why you should go:
1-South By South West (SXSW) is 3/13-3/22. Its a gigantic citywide music/film/art explosion that turns Austin into a city of awesome, everywhere you go.
2-There are numerous bicycle-related events that are NOT TO BE MISSED -
3/17 Midnight Ridazz ATX Luche Libre Ride!
3/21 1st Annual Black Label Daylong Event
3/22 Skidmarxxx Skull By Skull Now will wreck you
Also there are a few other bike-surprises including a Bacon Bike Ride!
There are other events too, posted at their local bike scene website, ATXBS...See their calendar!
3-Austin itself is an amazing city and has a number of amenities:
the bike scene is hopping! infrastructurally, and partyally!
TX bbq rules.
Lone Star beer is decent and cheap.
barton springs pool is incredible.
The best looking guys in America, according to Robert Stanfield.
The music scene second to none, expecially during this week!
Mostly, the cops are mellow.
The clean downtown,
the refreshing river,
GIMME GIMME GIMME!
4-We have really good Ridazz down there waiting for us! A while back a group formed based on the LA version, called MIDNIGHT RIDAZZ ATX! One of their organizers was a frequent LA force - Jessica aka Widowmaker - and she's a rad lady. We are lucky she's stepping up and helping us rock!
***Also, she has been helping organize places for us to stay!I will also keep this info in the ride post!***
DEAR SIR OR MAAM - YOU. ARE. INVITED! You may fly there separately, or join me in...
The Austin Ridazz Van!
I have acquired a 12 passenger van and trailer to rally up and get us and our bikes to Austin. We depart LA March 15th in the AM, and return to LA March 24th in the AM. I am asking only $130 for a roundtrip ticket for you AND your bike! I have 4 more spots to fill as of 10am 3/6. You can reserve a seat by paypaling $130 to me, at email@example.com
REASONS TO SIGN UP FOR THE VAN:
-there's not a cheaper way to go to ATX, esp with a bike - $130 ROUNDTRIP
-you're in a van with Ridazz getting krunk
-we'll be visiting at least two really cool places, Marfa, TX and BICAS in Tuscon, AZ.
CONFIRMED Van Ridazz List:
1. Marcus (SKIDMARCUS) - PAID
2. Royal Academy - PAID
3. Robert Stanfield - partial paid
4. Sheena- PAID
5. Coe Coe Butta - PAID
6. Handbone - PAID
7. President B-rad - PAID
8. katiepoche - PAID!
9. Franz - PAID (anything's possible now!)
10. Nathan Snider - PAID!
To keep it current, the confirmed van list will appear here, so keep checking!
READY TO GO YET?I am heading up creating a contacts list, and the van activity, so you'll need to take care of yourself as much as possible. We will not have a strict itinerary, but will try to stay together finding/doing the raddest shit going on, wherever that is! Send me an email if you'd like to go and want to keep in contact with the group! MARCUSGETSEMAIL@GMAIL.COM
There has been an ongoing discussion in this thread here, for your reference!
THE CURRENT LIST OF RIDAZZ TO BE THERE - IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!
1. vladster (thanks for the spark)
2. SKIDMARCUS (you'll get the next round of Lone Stars :) )
3. Llana Pajama (in her natural habitat!)
4. horse sense (of course sense)
5. robert stanfield (loves Austin more than you)
6. Spin Cycle (rinse, repeat)
7. Nematoadjr (pleasure rules business)
8. OG-C-ID-PREZ-B-RAD! (DO YOU NEED ANY MORE REASON TO GO ON THIS FUCKING TRIP?)
9. Antoine (The French Rockstar)
10. Reecy (for a couple of nights,TBD)
11. Cameron (vlad recrute, is everyone flying?, VJing futurecop)
12. Sheena! (Marcus' super friend, please don't steal her)
13. MikeBikeMike !!!! HAHAHA YES! Best trip ever!
14. Michele Appel / vspangle! (Professionally Hired Fun / Adventurist)
15. theroyalacademy (ATX karaoke champion, sorry Borfo)
16. Brand Tu (He grew his facial hair to match this trip!)
17. Katiepoche (Lady Barbarian / enlightened hedonist / Irish do well in Texas)
18. coecoebuttaa (omnidirectional love-lasers radiate from her)
19. Handbone (russian spy that gave up spying to rule at life, very acute)